Connect with us

Celebrity

Britney Spears Working Out To Relieve Stress

Published

on

Britney Spears has further reassured fans she’s fine after taking time off to deal with stress by posting a new workout video online.

The singer took to Instagram on Wednesday (24Apr19), hours after posting a video statement about her health, and shared footage of herself lifting weights and dancing to Cardi B, Bad Bunny and J Balvin’s I Like It.

“Who knew stress would be a great 5 pound weight loss. Yay for me,” she wrote under the video.

Spears previously fired back at reports suggesting she was being held in a mental institution against her will.

“Hi guys, just checking in with all of you who have been concerned about me,” Spears said in the video. “All is well. My family has been going through a lot of stress and anxiety lately so I just needed time to deal. But don’t worry I will be back very soon.”

In an accompanying caption, she wrote: “There’s rumors, death threats to my family and my team, and just so many things crazy things being said. I am trying to take a moment for myself, but everything that’s happening is just making it harder for me. Don’t believe everything you read and hear.

“My situation is unique, but I promise I’m doing what’s best at this moment. You may not know this about me, but I am strong, and stand up for what I want! Your love and dedication is amazing, but what I need right now is a little bit of privacy to deal with all the hard things that life is throwing my way. If you could do that, I would be forever grateful. Love you.”

Spears checked herself into a health facility earlier this month (Apr19) to deal with stress brought on by her father’s current medical crisis following colon surgery.

On Tuesday, her boyfriend Sam Asghari assured fans she was going to be fine during a chat with TMZ, stating, “She’s doing great. Thank you for your concern… She’s doing amazing. Her fans are so amazing to be so concerned, but she’s doing great. Nobody needs to worry.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Celebrity

GOP Senator’s Campaign Tried To Feud With Comic Patton Oswalt. It Didn’t Go Well.

Published

on

Comic Patton Oswalt had to deal with an unlikely heckler on Tuesday when one of Sen. John Cornyn’s official Twitter accounts slammed some of his old jokes for foul language.

Oswalt had appeared briefly in a campaign announcement video for Democrat MJ Hegar, a combat veteran seeking to unseat the Texas Republican next year.

The “Team Cornyn” Twitter account ― run by campaign staff and not the senator himself ― responded by slamming the 2020 rival as “Hollywood Hegar” and retweeting “offensive comments” in old tweets by Oswalt, censoring both profane words and even non-profanities, such as “penis.”

It even attempted to saddle Oswalt with a nickname: “Vulgar Patton.”

Oswalt gleefully retweeted the slams ― then threw in some extra comments directed at the Texas senator and whoever is running his account:

Patton Oswalt

@pattonoswalt
Oh my God. Lemme put a nickel in the swear jar and then you can tell me about your crush on Theda Bara, you pointless fossil.

Team Cornyn

@TeamCornyn
Hollywood Hegar supporter and video guest star, Patton Oswalt, has tweeted some offensive comments over the years, reply A or B to let us know which one is more offensive to you:

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter
10.8K
9:47 PM – Apr 23, 2019
982 people are talking about this

Patton Oswalt

@pattonoswalt
I just noticed: you *****’d the word “penis.” Oh my god you Pepperidge Farm dipshit. Go tell your constituents about the time you babysat Chester A. Arthur, drink your Ensure, and sit down.

Team Cornyn

@TeamCornyn

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter
23K
10:23 PM – Apr 23, 2019
2,493 people are talking about this

Patton Oswalt

@pattonoswalt
“Dildo” isn’t a word that needs asterisks, Incel Ira. For example, “The dil** that runs @TeamCornyn must hate his life” can be written “The dildo that runs @TeamCornyn must hate his life.” #lifehack

Team Cornyn

@TeamCornyn
But wait… there’s more! Another reminder that Hollywood Hegar embraces this celebrity:

View image on Twitter
4,545
10:39 PM – Apr 23, 2019
464 people are talking about this

Patton Oswalt

@pattonoswalt
Oh my God. HOW did you find an offensive Tweet in my Twitter feed? Next, go into the @McDonalds Twitter feed and see if they mention “hamburgers,” Woodward.

Team Cornyn

@TeamCornyn
Another one!

View image on Twitter
5,989
3:24 AM – Apr 24, 2019
606 people are talking about this

Patton Oswalt

@pattonoswalt
Vagina. Scrotum.

Do you also bleep out “appendix” and “kidney”?

Team Cornyn

@TeamCornyn
Hollywood Hegar & Vulgar Patton. The dynamic duo:

View image on Twitter
7,520
11:57 PM – Apr 23, 2019
700 people are talking about this

Patton Oswalt

@pattonoswalt
Whoa! An Anthony Weiner joke! I love this journey through time you’re taking us on, @TeamCornyn!

Team Cornyn

@TeamCornyn
Looks like someone skipped a few days of vetting classes.

View image on Twitter
3,264
12:41 AM – Apr 24, 2019
388 people are talking about this
Others also joined in as the senator’s tweets got hit with the dreaded ratio:

#SaveODAAT
@Danny__Gokey
Replying to @TeamCornyn
Intern: This really isn’t playing well, sir.

Cornyn: keep searching his tweets, whipper-snapper.

Intern: But the Internet is laughing at you. Patton is not your opponent.

Cornyn: But look at all the likes!

Intern: Sir, those are comments… you’re being ratioed.

3,462

85 people are talking about this
View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

Erick Fernandez

@ErickFernandez
Replying to @TeamCornyn
LOL your buddy just tweeted this over Easter weekend. I can tell you’re very sincere about the pearl-clutching!

1,975
10:01 PM – Apr 23, 2019
81 people are talking about this

waterslide enthusiast
@KrangTNelson
Replying to @TeamCornyn
does your office have enough fainting couches

4,741
10:40 PM – Apr 23, 2019
80 people are talking about this

Jessica Shortall

@jessicashortall
Replying to @TeamCornyn
Have you thought this through

11:02 PM – Apr 23, 2019
See Jessica Shortall’s other Tweets

Pat
@castlecraver
Replying to @TeamCornyn
Today I watched one of my senators try to hold a professional comedian to standards that he wouldn’t hold the president to. You guys just keep making this story more and more ridiculous.

354
3:15 AM – Apr 24, 2019
44 people are talking about this

Nathan Quarry

@NateRockQuarry
Replying to @TeamCornyn
Oh man! Just wait til you see who’s in charge at the GOP!
Awkward!

403
2:12 AM – Apr 24, 2019
See Nathan Quarry’s other Tweets

Tanya Miller
@xwordtanya
Replying to @TeamCornyn
At this point I have to assume you guys are really the PR team for @pattonoswalt’s upcoming tour. Heckuva job there.

111
2:10 AM – Apr 24, 2019
See Tanya Miller’s other Tweets
View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

Abby Haley
@abbatronhaley
Replying to @TeamCornyn
Nah still think your Mussolini quote was more offensive

145
10:28 PM – Apr 23, 2019
See Abby Haley’s other Tweets

woods

@thestevenwoods
Replying to @TeamCornyn
Weird for a comedian to curse. Enjoy the ratio.

142
1:49 AM – Apr 24, 2019 · Solana Beach, CA
See woods’s other Tweets

Jowana Bueser
@jowanabueser
Replying to @TeamCornyn
Ratio as big as Texas.

10:46 PM – Apr 23, 2019
See Jowana Bueser’s other Tweets

Continue Reading

Celebrity

Jonas Brothers Announce ‘Happiness Begins,’ Their First Album In 10 Years

Published

on

Riding high on the success of their comeback single “Sucker,” the Jonas Brothers gave fans a first look Monday at “Happiness Begins,” their first full-length album in a decade.

Kevin, Joe and Nick Jonas all shared the cover art on their social media accounts Monday morning. It shows the trio lounging by a pool in the California desert with their backsides to the camera. The album, which will also feature the band’s latest single, “Cool,” hits retailers and streaming platforms June 7.

After 7 years of not working together living life and finding ourselves in our own paths we came back to give you our journey in album form,” Kevin Jonas wrote on Instagram. “I have to say out of all the albums we have done together I’m the most proud of this one. I wish I could hand it to you now but you will just have to wait a little bit longer.”

In a short video posted to the band’s Instagram, Nick Jonas echoed those sentiments and said he and his brothers were “making sure we brought you love, joy, and happiness you bring to us every day, so thank you. Can’t wait for you to hear it.”

Aside from “Sucker” and “Cool,” specifics on the new album ― which is the band’s first since 2009’s “Lines, Vines and Trying Times” ― are thus far scarce. Speaking to HuffPost in March, Nick Jonas said the band had been working in the studio closely with producer Ryan Tedder, the OneRepublic frontman who has collaborated with the likes of Kelly Clarkson, Maroon 5 and Beyoncé.

He went on to note that the new album would incorporate influences from his work as a solo artist as well as Joe’s ventures as the frontman of the dance-pop outlet DNCE.

“We didn’t know what to expect when launching this new chapter, and coming back as the Brothers, but to have this outpouring of love and support for this song ‘Sucker’ and this video, and just for us, feels incredible and we don’t take it for granted for one minute,” he said. “The fact that we got to make the songs and that they came out the way they did was just the icing on the cake.”

CORRECTION: The original version of this article mistakenly identified Kevin Jonas as the frontman of DNCE. Joe Jonas is the band’s lead singer.

Continue Reading

Celebrity

Ian Alexander Says ‘The OA’ Helped Family Accept Him As Transgender

Published

on

Netflix’s “The OA” has changed the personal and professional game for actor Ian Alexander.

In a Wednesday appearance on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” Alexander ― who is Vietnamese American and identifies as transgender ― explained how landing the role of Buck Vu on the hit series helped his Mormon family embrace his gender identity.

“I was about 11, 12 when I started questioning my gender,” said Alexander, who appeared alongside “The OA” co-creator Brit Marling. “It wasn’t until I was 13 when I met other trans people for the first time and I was like, ‘Wait, you’re allowed to do that? You’re allowed to change your pronouns and your name?’ So that really gave me the courage to come out and finally accept who I was.”

As for Alexander’s family, “they didn’t really take it really well at first,” he said. Seeing him on “The OA,” however, “really helped them realize that I could be happy and I could be successful as a trans person and as a queer person.”

“Being on set for ‘The OA’ was the first time my mom used my correct name and pronoun,” he said. “So that just made my heart soar.”

Now 17, Alexander also recalled the first time he spotted the open casting call for Buck Vu on Tumblr and decided to “go for it” despite the fact that he had no professional acting experience. Though about 400 other actors auditioned, he won the part.

“It was specifically 14-to-15-year-old … Asian American … trans male,” he said. “I was like, ‘OK, check, check, check.’ I felt like it was fate calling out to me.”

Continue Reading